|Our call center operating hours have been updated to 9:00 am – 5:30 pm ( AEDT ) Mon-Fri from 16/02/2020|
Future X Power is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (Principles) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The Principles are designed to protect the confidentiality of the information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information (including sensitive information) is managed. Personal information is, generally, information or an opinion relating to an individual, which can be used to identify that individual. Sensitive information is a sub-type of personal information and includes information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, trade and professional memberships, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, or health, genetic or biometric information. You can see the full text of the APPs online at：https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/Australian-privacy-principles/
2.Our Commitment to you
2.1 Why does Future X Power collect personal information?
We may collect personal information so we can:
- Identify our customers or potential customers;
- Provide you electricity, gas and other products and services that we are obliged to provide;
- Provide or offer you products, services, or other benefits;
- Inform you of any products, services, or initiatives that may be of interest to you and otherwise promote the Future X Power brand by sending you brochures, flyers, or other direct marketing material;
- Assess job applicants’ suitability for employment; and
- Respond to inquiries and otherwise conduct our business and provide our products and services in a professional and efficient manner.
If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may be unable to respond to your queries or provide you with certain information or document, or otherwise correspond with you.
2.2 What type of information does Future X Power collect
- Identification details (driver’s license, age, name, address, date of birth, contact details, social media handles).
- Credit card or bank accounts details (where applicable).
- Health-related or financial information which is relevant to determining eligibility to receive certain government concessions.
This information is collected in through a number of ways, such as business activities and events, as well as when we are contacted by you, or when we contact you by mail, telephone, email and online, including when you complete any of our online questionnaires, calculators or tools. The collection of information about you is done in line with the Principles.
We also collect work or employment-related information (e.g. resumes, CVs) from job applicants, either directly (e.g. in response to a job advertisement, unsolicited correspondence through LinkedIn or Seek) or indirectly (e.g. from recruitment agencies).
Unless it is unreasonable or impractical, we typically collect personal information directly from the individual concerned.
2.3 Who do we share this information with
We may share your personal information with:
- Any network operator that we work with to supply energy to you, if they request it;
- Our related companies;
- Any of our service providers including organisations that assist us with billing, meter reading, connections and repairs, technology and security services;
- Our professional advisers including lawyers, marketing and business advisers, and auditors; and
- A credit reporting body to exchange your credit-related information with them and conduct a credit check about you.
2.4 Transferring information overseas
We typically do not transfer personal information to any entity outside Australia. In the event that we do disclose information to an overseas recipient, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Principles in relation to the disclosed personal information unless:
- We reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to legal obligations that uphold principles for the protection and fair handling of personal information that are substantially the same as the Principles;
- We are given consent by the individual concerned to do so, expressly or by implication after they are expressly informed that the Act will not apply in relation to the management of personal information by the overseas recipient and the individual may not be able to seek redress under the Act for any subsequent breaches of the Principles; or
- We are legally authorised or required to do so.
2.5 Direct marketing
We may use your personal information to market products and services to you. In this way, you will be kept up to date about any special offers, features, and changes with regards to our retail service. If you do not wish to be contacted regarding any further services or product offerings you can contact our Privacy Officer and request to be removed from the circulation list. Contact details for our Privacy Officer appear at the end of this policy.
2.6 Sensitive information
We may need to collect sensitive information about you or others, including health-related information, which is used to determine your eligibility to receive certain government concessions. Where we are required to and it is practicable to do so, we will seek your consent before collecting your sensitive information and inform you of the purpose of the collection at that time. Your consent to the collection of your sensitive information may be implied in limited circumstances.
3. Future X Power Website
Future X Power s’ website uses ‘cookies’ in order to improve your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a webpage server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- When you are browsing any part of our site we will use a cookie that is stored on a computer’s hard drive to track where visitors go on the site. The cookie does not allow us to identify any individual.
- When you register and sign in to the secure, personalised area of the website we’ll send you a secure cookie that will only last for the duration of your session. This secure cookie will be stored in your computer’s memory rather than on your hard drive, and it maintains the security of your session.
4. Access to personal information
4.1 Updating your information
We ask that you tell us of any changes to the personal information we hold about you. You may notify our Privacy Officer (whose contact details appear at the end of this policy) at any time to request that your personal information is amended or updated. We will then take reasonable steps to correct the information in the manner requested.
If we consider that the personal information, we retain does not require amendment, we will annotate the request on our files.
5. Storage and destruction
The personal information that we collect will usually be recorded in hard copy files designated for the purpose for which the personal information was collected and updated on our computer databases and/or data storage service provider.
We will destroy or de-identify any personal information that we hold which is no longer needed for any valid purpose authorised by the principles unless we are required by law to retain such personal information.
6. Complaint resolution
The contact details for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s Office are as follows:
Street address: Level 3, 175 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: 1300 363 992 (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY: 133 677 followed by 1300 363 992
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
Further information about privacy and your rights can be obtained at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
7. Contact Details
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Future X Power
Address: PO BOX 12028, GEORGE ST, BRISBANE QLD 4003